March 13, 2007

March Madness

Ok, here's a link to the best article on the tournament to date:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?entryDate=20070312&name=simmons&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

Here are the highlights (with my comments in parentheses):

1) Jeff Green is dynamite!! (Agreed)

2) Rick Majerus: Funniest random moment: The "ESPN GameDay" producers deciding it would be a good idea to have Karl Ravech and Rick Majerus step away from the desk so Majerus could describe how he'd defend Alando Tucker (played by Ravech) ... and Majerus running out of breath in about two seconds. Even Hugo Hurley is in better shape than Rick Majerus. (So sad I missed it!! Hope its on YouTube!! Wish Rick was still coaching the Utes!! Still hate Gordon Monson for running him out of town, among other things!!)

3) Kevin Durant (Yes, he is that good!!)

4) Cable/Satellite technicians (I just switched from Dish Network to Direct TV. Don't get me wrong, I love Direct TV, which has far more sports channels than Dish Network (it isn't even close), but the installation guy was clueless and didn't speak english. At least now I know how to say tripod in Spanish!! I love the Seinfeld episode where Kramer tells the cable guy to come between 8:00 and noon, and then pretends he isn't at home just to get back at them. I've been so tempted to do that!)

1 comment:

Ian said...

That was a great article. My favorite part was his comentary about how cameras caught Danny Ainge sitting by Kevin Durrant's grandmother during the Big 12 conference tournament. I was actually watching the game when they showed that, and it was pretty funny.