March 02, 2007

Baby Lucas meets the (Future?) President


With my mother-in-law visiting from California, Katie and I decided to give her a true Washington experience--we went to hear Mitt Romney speak. This was my first involvement in anything political, and while it was interesting to observe the ultra-political do their thing, and fun to support Romney, the highlight was seeing Lucas meet a Presidential hopeful. Here is video to prove it:



You can see Katie holding Lucas on the left, then Romney bends down to greet him. I am in the back row holding up a sign to block "Flip" the anti-Romney Dolphin from the camera's view. Near the end of the clip you can see Katie and Lucas trailing Romney into the hotel.

4 comments:

Chantalle said...

very cool...however, i believe you should have left "flip" the anti-romney dolphin in view so that lucas can begin his political awareness from a fair and balanced perspective. just sayin' ;)

Anonymous said...

Jayme-
What sort of things are you doing for Mitt? That sounds very interesting to me. Juddy and I are doing are part as well. We both wrote in "Mitt Romney" under the "Other" section on our Tithing/Fast Offering slip for church.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Darth Spencer. You crack me up.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Darth Spencer. You crack me up.