March 12, 2007

Blakesley Bracket Busters

The NCAA Tournament has arrived, which means its time to toe the line and choose your winners. No matter your criteria for picking winners--record, skill, favorite players, alma mater, ticket holder, hatred, jersey color, or if you dated someone with that name (ala the year Amber's roommate won by choosing Kent State because she dated a guy named Kent)--You are hereby invited to join the Blakesleague Tournament Pick'em. In order to join the group, click on this link. When prompted, enter the following information:

Group ID#: 91385
Password: hoyas

Then let it be known which Cardinal you prefer? Louisville or Stanford? Which Wildcat, Kentucky or Villanova? And know that Katie will be selecting Villanova's brand of Wildcat based solely on the looks of their coach, Jay Wright, whom I have been informed is the standard to which all men should aspire. Yes, Jay Wright is the new Matthew McConaughey. Don't believe me? Check out this photo:

You must make your picks before tipoff Thursday afternoon. Good Luck!!

5 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

Very exciting indeed. Thanks for the invite to fill out the bracket. I will do so when I have a little more down time.

All I have to say about Coach Jay Wright is that he is lucky that Coach Rick Majerus is no longer with the Utes, or he would for sure have my vote as the Matthey McConaughey of coaches.

Ian said...

Did you make it to many Georgetown games this year? Its been a good year to be a Hoyas fan. I'm flirting with the idea of putting them in my final four. I picked them to go to the elite eight last year, beating Florida. They very nearly beat Florida, but their loss and Florida's subsequent advances killed my bracket. I don't want to be burned again this year.

Also, don't we have to have our brackets filled in by Tuesday afternoon before the play-in game?

Jayme said...

Ian:

The play in game won't count, so you have until Thursday morning.

Katie and I have had season tickets to Georgetown basketball the past two years. Last year they were good. This year they have championship potential.

Katie said...

I'm told there will be a lot of basketball watching the next few weeks... This means I better jump in and make a few guesses. I admit in the past, I would choose teams solely based on which team name I liked the best. I'll try to make more informed picks this year :).

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Katie--it worked for Kendra--one year she picked Kent State (I know, who?) to go far because she liked a guy named Kent. If I remember right, Kent State beat a powerhouse, and she ended up winning her office pool. :)